March 22 2017¶
- Composite Devices are here! Composite Devices allow developers to better model devices through a parent-child relationship between Device Handlers. Check out the documentation and leverage this new design pattern for your composite devices!
- SmartThings has a new set of color standards for Device Handler Tiles. The Color standards documentation covers all the new color standards.
- Updates to the Writing Style Guide and existing documentation to conform to new guidelines.
March 08 2017¶
- Do you have custom LAN device integrations? If so, check out the Automatic LAN Device Discovery documentation to see what (if any) impact this has on your custom code.
March 02 2017¶
- Does your SmartApp or Device Handler need to execute every minute? Instead of writing your own cron expression, use the new runEvery1Minute()!
- Need to convert color values between hexadecimal and RGB? The ColorUtilities class has what you need.
- If you are writing a parent-child SmartApp, check out the expanded and clarified documentation for using the
- A new capability, Bridge, allows devices to declare they act as a bridge to other devices.
- A new attribute,
held, has been added to the Button capability!
- The Writing Style Guide has been updated with guidelines for document title and headings capitalization and formatting. If you are a contributor to these docs, make sure you check it out!
February 10 2017¶
- Did you notice? We’ve updated the docs homepage to help readers quickly identify and navigate to common areas of interest.
February 08 2017¶
- Z-Wave fingerprinting updates! The Z-Wave fingerprinting documentation has been expanded and updated with the latest information.
- Get information about a Device’s status and last activity using the new getStatus() and getLastActivity() methods.
- New to Device Handler development, or looking for a refresher? We’ve overhauled our Quick Start to ensure you can get up and running quickly and pain-free.
- Do you use cron to create recurring schedules? Have you seen if you could replace that often-difficult to understand, write, and maintain cron expression with any of our runEvery* methods? We’ve updated the documentation to highlight these methods and encourage their use, instead of using cron.
- Did you know you can copy code examples right to your clipboard? We updated the UX to increase the visibility of this handy feature.
January 23 2017¶
- Search, discover and communicate with the devices in your network with the
HubActionclass. Check out the new reference document for HubAction.
- If you need to get the account ID associated with an installed SmartApp, check out the getAccountId() method available on the InstalledSmartApp object!
- We’ve updated the Editor and Simulator guide to clarify that you need to ensure you are on the correct shard when creating SmartApps or Device Handlers.
- A new Capability, Infrared Level, is now available!
January 03 2017¶
- Thinking about setting up a regular on and off schedule for your SmartThings? See our latest update, with examples, in Schedule using cron.
- Confused about sharding and where to publish your SmartApp or Device Handler? Here is a big picture view that clarifies Publishing Custom Code.
- Did you know there’s a default delay between commands when you send a sequence of them to the Hub? See sendHubCommand() reference documentation for details.
December 08 2016¶
- Quick, how do you know what Capabilities are supported by SmartThings? Checkout out the new generated Capabilities Reference, now live.
- Don’t know much about ZigBee? We got you covered with our updated ZigBee documentation in the ZigBee Primer and ZigBee Reference guides.
- What you, as a developer, must know while working with the SmartThings IDE. Checkout latest in the Hubs and Locations guide.
November 30 2016¶
- Did you know you can refresh any page of the SmartApp on the mobile device with a set interval? See the dynamicPage() options guide.
November 14 2016¶
- Added documentation for working with time zones.
- Fixed warnings related to lexical parsing of code blocks.
November 10 2016¶
November 03 2016¶
- Revised timeTodayAfter() method description in the SmartApp Guide
- Added Working With Time guide to the SmartApp Developers Guide
- Fixed up scheduling reference docs in Device Handler, and SmartApp Guides
- Clarify getting latest device state in Device, and Working with Devices
- Corrected timeZone() method description in the SmartApp Guide
October 26 2016¶
- Documentation for nextOccurrence().
- Documentation for getAllChildApps(), findAllChildAppsByName(), findAllChildAppsByNamespaceAndName(), findChildAppByNamespaceAndName(), and getAllChildApps().
- Updated documentation for getChildApps() to reflect that only “complete” child app installations will be returned.
- Changed reference API docs to use getter forms instead of property access.
- New attribute values added for the Lock capability.
- Typo fixes and other copy edits.
October 17 2016¶
- Documentation for beta asynchronous HTTP APIs
- Typo fixes and other copy edits
October 13 2016¶
- Moved rate limiting documentation into its own guide
- Typo fixes and other copy edits
October 06 2016¶
October 05 2016¶
- Added documentation for passing data to schedule handler methods.
- Added best practices for parent-child relationships.
- Updated the repository’s README with pull request guidelines.
- Added scheduling APIs to the Device Handler reference documentation (including all
runEvery*APIs, which are now supported in Device Handlers).
- Fixed broken cron tutorial link the Scheduling guide.
- Added note to the first SmartApp tutorial and Editor and Simulator that the Simulator is inconsistent with the mobile application.
September 23 2016¶
- Added link to the Z-Wave public spec on the following Z-Wave pages: Building Z-Wave Device Handlers and Z-Wave Primer
- Updated the Color Control capability to correctly reflect the capability definition.
- Updated Jinja template to add some more features for the ongoing generated capability documentation project.
- Fixed minor grammatical errors.
September 14 2016¶
- Update to the State and Atomic State documentation to reorganize, clarify, and expand content.
September 09 2016¶
- Removed Occupancy capability
- Fixed unschedule() docs to clarify that a specific handler method name can be passed to
September 02 2016¶
August 17 2016¶
- Fix documentation for
subscribeToCommand()(only takes a Device argument, not a list of Devices)
- Typos and spelling fixes
August 16 2016¶
- Documentation for the ability to pass a
Throwableto logging methods to get more logging details about the exception shown in the logs.
August 15 2016¶
- Make edits to Makefile as a first step in getting generated capabilities documentation integrated into the documentation build.
August 04 2016¶
- Added zigbee.parseZoneStatus() documentation
- Added documentation for Additional ZigBee classes
- Clarified findChildAppByName() API documentation
- Added documentation to Device Handler Guide for other useful APIs available to Device Handlers, including Scheduling, HTTP Requests, and State.
- Fixed documentation for Event.dateValue to indicate that it returns
nullif date cannot be parsed
- Various fixes for reStructuredText formatting and legal syntax warnings
- Moved this documentation change log to top of navigation
July 25 2016¶
- Add a strong warning to the State documentation to emphasize the importance of never mixing
statein the same SmartApp.
July 07 2016¶
June 23 2016¶
- Splitting the Music Player capability into three capabilities
- Audio Notification
- Music Player
- Tracking Music Player
June 13 2016¶
- Adding Code Review Guidelines and Best Practices for SmartApps and Device Handlers.