February 10 2017¶
- Did you notice? We’ve updated the docs homepage to help readers quickly identify and navigate to common areas of interest.
February 08 2017¶
- Z-Wave fingerprinting updates! The Z-Wave fingerprinting documentation has been expanded and updated with the latest information.
- Get information about a Device’s status and last activity using the new getStatus() and getLastActivity() methods.
- New to Device Handler development, or looking for a refresher? We’ve overhauled our Quick Start to ensure you can get up and running quickly and pain-free.
- Do you use cron to create recurring schedules? Have you seen if you could replace that often-difficult to understand, write, and maintain cron expression with any of our runEvery* methods? We’ve updated the documentation to highlight these methods and encourage their use, instead of using cron.
- Did you know you can copy code examples right to your clipboard? We updated the UX to increase the visibility of this handy feature.
January 23 2017¶
- Search, discover and communicate with the devices in your network with the
HubActionclass. Check out the new reference document for HubAction.
- If you need to get the account ID associated with an installed SmartApp, check out the getAccountId() method available on the InstalledSmartApp object!
- We’ve updated the Editor and Simulator guide to clarify that you need to ensure you are on the correct shard when creating SmartApps or Device Handlers.
- A new Capability, Infrared Level, is now available!
January 03 2017¶
- Thinking about setting up a regular on and off schedule for your SmartThings? See our latest update, with examples, in Schedule Using Cron.
- Confused about sharding and where to publish your SmartApp or Device Handler? Here is a big picture view that clarifies Publishing Custom Code.
- Did you know there’s a default delay between commands when you send a sequence of them to the Hub? See sendHubCommand() reference documentation for details.
December 08 2016¶
- Quick, how do you know what Capabilities are supported by SmartThings? Checkout out the new generated Capabilities Reference, now live.
- Don’t know much about ZigBee? We got you covered with our updated ZigBee documentation in the ZigBee Primer and ZigBee Reference guides.
- What you, as a developer, must know while working with the SmartThings IDE. Checkout latest in the Hubs and Locations guide.
November 30 2016¶
- Did you know you can refresh any page of the SmartApp on the mobile device with a set interval? See the dynamicPage() options guide.
November 14 2016¶
- Added documentation for working with time zones.
- Fixed warnings related to lexical parsing of code blocks.
November 10 2016¶
November 03 2016¶
- Revised timeTodayAfter() method description in the SmartApp Guide
- Added Working with Time guide to the SmartApp Developers Guide
- Fixed up scheduling reference docs in Device Handler, and SmartApp Guides
- Clarify getting latest device state in Device, and Working with Devices
- Corrected timeZone() method description in the SmartApp Guide
October 26 2016¶
- Documentation for nextOccurrence().
- Documentation for getAllChildApps(), findAllChildAppsByName(), findAllChildAppsByNamespaceAndName(), findChildAppByNamespaceAndName(), and getAllChildApps().
- Updated documentation for getChildApps() to reflect that only “complete” child app installations will be returned.
- Changed reference API docs to use getter forms instead of property access.
- New attribute values added for the Lock capability.
- Typo fixes and other copy edits.
October 17 2016¶
- Documentation for beta asynchronous HTTP APIs
- Typo fixes and other copy edits
October 13 2016¶
- Moved rate limiting documentation into its own guide
- Typo fixes and other copy edits
October 06 2016¶
October 05 2016¶
- Added documentation for passing data to schedule handler methods.
- Added best practices for parent-child relationships.
- Updated the repository’s README with pull request guidelines.
- Added scheduling APIs to the Device Handler reference documentation (including all
runEvery*APIs, which are now supported in Device Handlers).
- Fixed broken cron tutorial link the Scheduling guide.
- Added note to the first SmartApp tutorial and Editor and Simulator that the simulator is inconsistent with the mobile application.
September 23 2016¶
- Added link to the Z-Wave public spec on the following Z-Wave pages: Building Z-Wave Device Handlers and Z-Wave Primer
- Updated the Color Control capability to correctly reflect the capability definition.
- Updated Jinja template to add some more features for the ongoing generated capability documentation project.
- Fixed minor grammatical errors.
September 14 2016¶
- Update to the State and Atomic State documentation to reorganize, clarify, and expand content.
September 09 2016¶
- Removed Occupancy capability
- Fixed unschedule() docs to clarify that a specific handler method name can be passed to
September 02 2016¶
August 17 2016¶
- Fix documentation for
subscribeToCommand()(only takes a Device argument, not a list of Devices)
- Typos and spelling fixes
August 16 2016¶
- Documentation for the ability to pass a
Throwableto logging methods to get more logging details about the exception shown in the logs.
August 15 2016¶
- Make edits to Makefile as a first step in getting generated capabilities documentation integrated into the documentation build.
August 04 2016¶
- Added zigbee.parseZoneStatus() documentation
- Added documentation for Additional ZigBee Classes
- Clarified findChildAppByName() API documentation
- Added documentation to Device Handler Guide for other useful APIs available to Device Handlers, including Scheduling, HTTP Requests, and State.
- Fixed documentation for Event.dateValue to indicate that it returns
nullif date cannot be parsed
- Various fixes for reStructuredText formatting and legal syntax warnings
- Moved this documentation change log to top of navigation
July 25 2016¶
- Add a strong warning to the State documentation to emphasize the importance of never mixing
statein the same SmartApp.
July 07 2016¶
- Added documentation for working with collections in State and Atomic State.
- Added documentation for AppState
- Added documentation for InstalledSmartApp
- Added clarification that the callable URL for Web Services SmartApps will vary by installed location
- Updated Open Developer Discussions with the new developer call schedule
June 23 2016¶
- Splitting the Music Player capability into three capabilities
- Audio Notification
- Music Player
- Tracking Music Player
June 13 2016¶
- Adding Code Review Guidelines and Best Practices for SmartApps and Device Handlers.